Located on the Ohio River in the southeastern corner of the State of Indiana. Includes the cities of Aurora and Lawrenceburg and parts of Dearborn County. Created under Indiana Code 8-15-5. The Southeastern Indiana Regional Port Authority has full power and authority independent of any political subdivision to do the following:
- Purchase, construct, sell, lease and operate docks, wharves, warehouses, piers and any other port, terminal or transportation facilities within its jurisdiction consistent with the purposes of the port authority and make charges for the use thereof.
- Straighten, deepen, and improve any canal, channel, river, stream or other water course or way which may be necessary or proper in the development of the facilities of such port.
- Establish dock lines, piers, and other facilities necessary to the conduct of pleasure boating within the territory under the jurisdiction of the port authority.
The Southeast Indiana Regional Port Authority (SIRPA) is hereby re-established and shall have the powers and jurisdiction enumerated and set forth in Indiana Code § 8-10-5-1 et. seq., as amended from time to time. The port authority shall be governed by a Board of Directors consisting of Twelve (12) members, who shall be appointed by the mayors of the three cities, with the consent and advice of their respective common councils, and by the county commission, whose memberships and appointments shall consist of the following categories:
- The Mayor of the City of Aurora;
- The Mayor of the City of Greendale;
- The Mayor of the City of Lawrenceburg;
- One (1) member from the Dearborn County Board of Commissioners;
- Two (2) at-large representatives appointed by the Mayor of the City of Aurora;
- Two (2) at-large representatives appointed by the Mayor of the City of Greendale;
- Two (2) at-large representatives appointed by the Mayor of the City of Lawrenceburg; and
- Two (2) at-large representatives appointed by the Dearborn County Commissioners.
2019 SIRPA Board Membership
- Chairman: Commissioner Jim Thatcher
- Co-Chairman: Mayor Kelly Mollaun
- Treasurer: Benny Turner
- Secretary: Terri Randall
- Member: Mayor Mark A. Drury
- Member: Mayor Alan Weiss
- Member: E.G. McLaughlin
- Member: Lennie Fryman
- Member: Sarah Jordan
- Member: Tom Palmer
- Member: Al Abdon
- Attorney: Andy Baudendistel
- Special Legal Counsel: Sebastian Smelko
SIRPA Board meets quarterly, 3rd Friday of the months of January, March, May, July, September, and November, at Lawrenceburg City Building Council Chambers, 230 Walnut St., Lawrenceburg, IN 47025, at 1:00pm.
Friday, January 17, March 20, May 12, July 17, September 18, November 20, 2020
Mail may be addressed to: SIRPA, Attn: G. Emery, 230 Walnut Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
More information may be on the Southeastern Indiana Regional Port Authority website at http://www.seiportauthority.com/, For specific inquiries, please contact Chairman Jim Thatcher at [email protected] or Secretary Terri Randall at [email protected]