Smart Hub Payment Options
Online Payment Options with SmartHub
- Online Utility Payments (With registration)
- Pay Now Link (No registration needed, Payments accepted on other’s behalf)
Pay By Phone Options with SmartHub
- Pay By Phone Anytime 1-888-301-0730 (No additional service fees apply)
After Hours: 812-532-3500
8:00 a.m – 4:30 p.m
Municipal Utilities Billing Office-Drive Thru
230 Walnut St.
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
PO Box 4198
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Lawrenceburg Municipal Utilities is owned and operated as an integral part of the municipal structure. Providing electric, water and waste water services, it has served the Lawrenceburg community for many decades.
The electric department was established in 1901. Lawrenceburg’s electric provision is a full-service distribution company. In 1931, Lawrenceburg purchased a privately-owned water and waste water company.
On March 16, 2022, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb signed House Enrolled Act No. 1002-2022 into law, which repeals the Indiana Utility Receipts Tax (“IURT”), currently codified in Ind. Code 6-2.3, with an effective date of July 1, 2022. This will result in an approximate 1.4% rate reduction for all affected rate classes. With regard to Lawrenceburg Municipal Utilities, the resulting total decrease in average residential monthly billing from elimination of the IURT is $2.13 for electric and $0.30 for water. Please direct any questions regarding Indiana Utility Receipts Tax reductions to our utility office at 812-532-3500.
- Utility Customer Application and Contract
- Customer Terms and Conditions
- Tap Fee Schedule
- Municipal Electric Utility Tariff Schedule
- Municipal Water Utility Rates & Charges
- Municipal Wastewater Rates & Charges
- Code Of Ordinances
- Indiana Municipal Power Agency
- Application for Joint Pole Attachment Permit
- Wellhead Protection Public Notice
- 2021 Consumer Confidence Report
- Public Notification for Drinking Water Protection Awareness
- PIPE UP! Children’s Activity Game
- The United States of Water
- OCRA Water Infrastructure Improvement Project Survey
LMU / IMPA Newsletters
- LMU / IMPA Newsletter Fall 2023
- LMU / IMPA Newsletter Spring 2023
- LMU / IMPA Newsletter Fall 2022
- LMU / IMPA Newsletter Winter 2021-22
- LMU / IMPA Newsletter Summer 2021
- LMU / IMPA Newsletter Spring 2021
811 – Call Before You Dig
LMU Utility Director
Billy Kinnett [email protected]
It is with great pleasure that I introduce myself as your Utility Director. I am so proud to be able to come back to my hometown and serve such wonderful people. Lawrenceburg is a special place; full of caring and loving people that go the extra mile to make sure their loved ones, their friends, and their neighbors are taken care of. It is great to see all of the improvements that have been made to Lawrenceburg over the years. The downtown area is thriving and full of entertainment and dining options, the parks are tremendous, and our schools are fantastic.
I graduated from LHS in 1982. I then attended the University of Dayton and received a BS in Electronic Engineering Technology. Upon graduation from UD I worked the first 9-years of my career for utility companies. I then worked the last 26-years as a consultant representing customers to help reduce their utility consumption and cost. I am fortunate to have represented companies such as Coca-Cola, DOW, ALCOA, Lockheed Martin, Michelin, Fifth Third Bank, and many others.
We are fortunate to have such great infrastructure and such great people at LMU. We are currently working on a 5-year capital improvement plan that will allow us to spend our money wisely on projects that will further improve our system reliability.
I am grateful that the Utility Board, the Mayor, and the hiring committee trusted me to be the next Utility Director for the City of Lawrenceburg. I look forward to serving you.