Recently Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch along with Amy Howell, Director of Tourism, Marketing & Communications for the Indiana Destination Development Corporation (IDDC) joined Mayor Kelly Mollaun, Lawrenceburg Communications Director Guinevere Banschbach, Lawrenceburg City Coordinator & Redevelopment Director Bryan Messmore and Lawrenceburg Main Street Director Michelle Cone to “Discover Lawrenceburg IN INDIANA!”
As an award winning, accessible tri-state city with prominent amenities and many exciting economic initiatives unfolding, the City of Lawrenceburg is laser focused for growth as a “City on the Rise.” After reaching out to the Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch and the Indiana Destination Development Corporation to highlight the City of Lawrenceburg, the Lt. Governor graciously accepted an invitation to join Mayor Mollaun to tour firsthand the positive happenings in Lawrenceburg. Growing up in Evansville, Indiana, Lt. Governor Crouch shared “River Cities are where my heart is.” The recently launched IN INDIANA campaign thru the IDDC will also help Lawrenceburg promote, brand, and tell Indiana’s authentic story to both attract and retain businesses, talent, students, and visitors.
Mayor Kelly Mollaun, Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch, Amy Howell (IDDC) and city officials toured the following areas to highlight the transformational, forward momentum underway in the City of Lawrenceburg and explore the Hoosier story IN Lawrenceburg INDIANA:
- Liberty Theater Redevelopment Project on Walnut St. and READI Award.
- Explored Lawrenceburg Civic Park with magnitude of annual events.
- Discussed AIM Community Placemaking Award & International Downtown Achievement Award for the Lawrenceburg Civic Park with Economic Impact.
- Highlight Four Score and 7 & 7 Mural by Christian Dallas, Lawrenceburg Farmers Market & Lawrenceburg Main Street.
- Toured downtown Lawrenceburg historic district with significant restaurant, retail and services growth.
- Stopped into Eagle Radio to meet with Robb Reel then headed towards the Lawrenceburg Event Center & Doubletree Hotel.
- Highlighted the Ivy Tech Community College partnership with the City of Lawrenceburg.
- Welcome stop at the riverfront lounge of the Lawrenceburg Doubletree by Hilton Hotel.
- Toured the Dearborn Trail, the historic Clock Tower with Veterans and Public Safety monuments along the Ohio River Way as the gateway to SE. Indiana.
- Discussed the Lawrenceburg Riverfront Development Project with City Council and community support. Lt. Governor Crouch shared “It’s about Leadership. I think it’s Fabulous!”
- Toured the Whiskey River Apartments Amenity Lounge with Ohio River and tri-state viewpoint.
- Discussed how the City of Lawrenceburg, Lawrenceburg Redevelopment Commission and Flaherty & Collins collaborated on a public/private development focused on workforce attraction and housing options.
Following the end of the tour, Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch shared, “Mayor, I think you’ve hit a home run.” “I think we’ve got all three bases “loaded” and are headed for a Grand Slam.” Mayor Kelly Mollaun returned. “There’s more to discover here in Lawrenceburg” agreed Lt. Governor Crouch!
The City of Lawrenceburg is a community dedicated to improving the lives of its residents with a focus on economic development, workforce and talent attraction, education, housing, quality of life initiatives and tourism with a balanced presence of residential, agricultural, corporate and industrial development options that encourage people to THINK LOCAL ~ THINK LAWRENCEBURG IN INDIANA.
Learn more at www.THINKLAWRENCEBURG.com Pictures provided by the City of Lawrenceburg and the Indiana Destination Development Corporation.